Circular No. has been issued by Vietnam MIC. 04/2023/TT-BTTTT on the brand-new list of ICT and wireless products included in the MIC ICT type approval and self-evaluation DoC scope.
With substantial modifications to new QCVN test standards, new important requirements for land mobile terminal devices, smart phones, and several minor adjustments, the circular 04/2023/TT-BTTTT shall replace the circular no. 02/2022/TT-BTTTT and go into effect on July 15, 2023.
The feature of the MIC circular 04/2023/TT-BTTTT are as follows:
- New national technical standards have been added to the list by MIC.
(1) QCVN 18:2022/BTTTT (National technical regulation on electromagnetic compatibility for radio communication equipment) replaces QCVN 18:2014/BTTTT
(2) QCVN 130:2022/BTTTT (National technical regulation on electromagnetic compatibility of wireless audio equipment in the frequency range 25 MHz to 2000 MHz)
(3) QCVN 131:2022/BTTTT (National technical regulation on NB-IoT devices, LTE Cat M)
(4) QCVN 132:2022/BTTTT (National technical regulation on electrical safety for telecommunications and information technology terminal equipment)
- New critical requirements for land mobile terminal equipment and mobile phones
- From July 1, 2024, all imported or locally produced terrestrial mobile communication terminals must have 4G LTE technology.
- On June 30, 2024, the type of approval certificate for land-based mobile communication terminals that do not use LTE technology will automatically expire.
- Starting from July 15, 2023, 5G mobile communication terminals imported or manufactured in Vietnam must support both 5G SA and 5G NSA.
- The 5G mobile communication terminal’s certificate of conformance, which only includes one of the standards- QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT and QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT, will be invalidated as of June 30, 2024.
- Revise product HS codes in accordance with Circular No. 31/2022/TT-BTC.
The list of products and goods of group 2 has been updated with HS codes and descriptions of goods according to the contents of Decision No. 2125/QD-BTTTT dated November 21, 2022
Other changes to the list of products and goods of group 2
- Additional information regarding QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT; 132 QCVN;2022/BTTTT.
- Electrical safety standards changed to DECT phones from QCVN 22:2010/BTTTT & QCVN 22:2021/BTTTT to QCVN 132:2022/BTTTT.
- The NFC has been moved from Annex 1 to Annex 2. It means it comes only under SDoC scheme only.