Extended Producers Responsibility (EPR) Certification
E-Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011 had come into force since May 1, 2012. Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) who is the regulator made E-Waste mandatory from October 1, 2016. This rule is applicable to every producer, consumer or bulk consumer, collection centre, dismantler and recycler of e-waste involved in the manufacture, sale, purchase, and processing of electrical and electronic equipment or components specified in schedule – I of these Rules.
Two categories of end of the life electrical and electronic equipment namely
- IT and Telecommunication Equipment and
- Consumer Electricals and Electronics such as TVs, Washing Machines, Refrigerators Air Conditioners and Fluorescent and other mercury containing lamps covered under these Rules.
C-PRAV provides the following services:
- Mandatory documentation preparation and other details for application submission
- Application submission to the regulator
- Registration and EPR authorization certificate
- Annual E-Waste disposal filling and certification from the regulator.