ATEX & IECEx (PESO Approvals)
ATEX and IECEx certifications are for products used in explosive atmospheres. The objective of the ATEX and IECEx System is to facilitate trade and use of equipment and services in explosive atmospheres, while maintaining the required level of safety.
IECEx – IECEx is the international standard
ATEX – ATEX is a legal prerequisite accepted internationally
Ex (electrical) – Equipment used in Hazardous areas: Required in India
PESO – Indian Regulator of equipment used in hazardous areas
How do we define Ex equipment?
All the equipment that is stored, traded and used in hazardous areas like but not limiting to:
- Automotive refuelling stations or petrol stations
- Oil refineries, rigs and processing plants
- Chemical processing plants
- Printing industries, paper and textiles
- Hospital operating theatres
- Aircraft refuelling and hangars
- Surface coating industries
- Underground coalmines
- Sewerage treatment plants
- Gas pipelines and distribution centers
- Grain handling and storage
- Woodworking areas
- Sugar refineries
- Metal surface grinding, especially aluminium dusts and particles
Approvals of Ex (electrical) Equipment used in Hazardous areas in India
India being a member of IECEx forum, the testing and certification as per the standards of IECEx is accepted. For approval of Ex (Electrical) Equipment for use/installation in Hazardous Areas in various defined zones, requires approval by the Chief Controller of Explosives.
C-PRAV is here to help you with:
- Various types of protection techniques to make the electrical and electronic equipment safe for use in Hazardous Areas.
- Testing and Approvals for equipment used in Hazardous areas
Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation
Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) is a regulatory authority with autonomous status, head quartered at Nagpur, is more than a century old department (completed 100 years in Sept 1998). It was earlier called Department of Explosives.
This Organisation comes under, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Government of India.
C-PRAV provides services for:
- Explosives Act, 1884
- Explosive Rules 2008
- Gas Cylinder Rules 2004
- Petroleum Act, 1934
- Petroleum Rules 2002
- Calcium Carbide Rules 1987
- Cinematographic Films Rules, 1948