FLASH NEWS!! -TEC MTCTE Phase 3 & 4 Announced

One Stop Solution for ALL Your Product Certifications
+91 99023 85494

Global Market Access

Global Approvals

C-PRAV has experts with sound Technical Knowledge in Standards, Regulations, Testing and Certifications for following Global Product Approvals with experience of over 25 years. Senior members have actively participated in International Standards Committees like IEC/CISPR, Technical Committees and worked in International Test labs for EMC, Radio, Telecom, SAR and Safety.

We are well-versed with these processes and can assist you first hand for ALL your Certification needs. Many countries require a Local representative as part of the Certification process. C-PRAV can help you with this requirement.

C-PRAV also has Compliance Folder management Service which is required by many countries

North America: USA & Canada

When we look at the Global Approvals, the major one we need to consider is Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for United States of America and ISED for Canada.

To sell a product into the USA, one has to have Federal Communications Commission (FCC) certification. There are FCC Rules and Regulations since 1988 for ALL electronic products to be tested and certified for EMI and especially for Radio Frequency (RF) devices. There are NO EMC Immunity requirements in the USA.  After the certification, the product needs to be labelled with FCC mark and the FCC ID for Radio devices. To get a product certified, all test reports (Emissions, Radio, RF exposure-SAR and product documentation) must be submitted along with a fee to Telecommunication Certification Bodies (TCBs) who can certify the Radio products on behalf of FCC. For Digital Devices with no Radios, the product must still be compliant with FCC Pt 15B and Declaration of Compliance required. A local Representative is required.

In Canada, ISED (Innovation, Science and Economic Development) governs the certification of products. Rules are similar to that of USA but Canadian standards test reports must be submitted to authority by paying fee to get certification. Product labelling is required.

For both USA and Canada, labs in any country that has Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) with USA/Canada can test. If MRA does not exist (like India) then, any independent test lab that is accredited by A2LA or NVLAP can test the product and the reports will be acceptable by FCC/ISED.


One of the biggest certification markings we see on most of the Electronics and IT products is the CE marking.  Under the European Union agreement all member countries have constituted back in 1992 a common law to govern the electronics product regulations.

  • Products must be tested and certified under the
    • EMI/EMC Directive;
    • Low Voltage Directive (LVD-Safety);
    • Radio Equipment Directive (RED);
    • Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive;
    • Waste Electrical Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive;

Various standards bodies and committees decide the harmonization of standards. Once the standard is listed in the Official Journal (OJ), this becomes a mandated standard.

Non OJ listed standards can also be used but reports must be endorsed by the appointed Notified Bodies. Products must be labelled with CE mark and manufacturers must declare product compliance listing compliance to all relevant directives maintained in a Compliance Folder.

NOTE: It is a Self-Declaration regime where the manufacturer is responsible for their product compliance.  Surveillance regime is strict and implications are high for non-compliance

Europe Automotive

The e-mark is an EU mark for approved vehicles and vehicle components sold into the EU. It is a type approval mark given by a certifying authority. Such as in the United Kingdom (UK) by the Vehicle Certification Authority (VCA). Other countries have different certifying bodies. You cannot self-declare and affix an e-mark. The certifying body will issue an e-marking certificate after inspection and approval of compliance. The directive for e-marking is the “Commission Directive 2004/104/EC, of 14 October 2004. – adapting to technical progress Council Directive 72/245/EEC relating to the radio interference (electromagnetic compatibility) of vehicles and amending Directive 70/156/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the type-approval of motor vehicles and their trailers”. You cannot self-declare compliance to 2004/104/EC. The E-mark is a United Nations mark for approved vehicles and vehicle components sold into the EU. And in some other countries under UN-ECE Regulation 10.

EU certification (referred to as EC), the e-Mark: e-Mark is based on EU Directive and is a safety certification mark. Which the European Commission requires that member states apply it on a motor vehicle, parts and systems. The e-Mark logo is a rectangular frame. The number is the EU country or state number that granted the approval. If one state grants approval then it is deemed sufficient for all other member states. The country/state codes are as follows: e1 – Germany, e2 – France, e3 – Italy, e4 – Netherlands, e5 – Sweden, e6 – Belgium, e7 – Hungary, e8 – Czech republic, e9 – Spain, e11 – United Kingdom, e12 – Austria, e13 – Luxembourg, e17 – Finland, e18 – Denmark, e19 – Romania, e20 – Poland, e21 – Portugal, e23 – Greece, e24 – Ireland, e26 – Slovenia, e27 – Slovakia, e29 – Estonia, e32 – Latvia, e34 – Bulgaria, e36 – Lithuania, e49 – South Cyprus, e50 – Malta.


Russian regulations known as TR CU (Technical Regulation Custom Union). The custom union is between Russia, Kazakhstan, Belorussian, Armenia, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. With one approval, manufacturers can move their products to all custom union countries.

Most products using telecom technology such as WIFI, Bluetooth, cellular and satellite must undergo Type Approval process, FAC Declaration/Certificate (FAC) required. Country specific certification required. Can leverage your CE Mark test reports as part of the application process but all documents to be translated to Russian. Local Representative is mandatory.


China Compulsory Certification (CCC) is similar to other certifications for product quality standardization–such as the European CE system–but there are important differences. The CCC certificate was introduced in 2002 and applies to imported goods as well as to Chinese manufactured products.

SAMR (State Administration for Market Regulation), CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration) and CQC (China Quality Certification Centre) formulates, administers and governs the implementation rules of the CCC.

There are 22 product categories in the catalogue that may be sold or used in China only after a CCC has been obtained. Foreign reports are not accepted and all products must be locally tested in China.

SRRC (State Radio Regulation of China) governs the Radio regulation and certification.


EMC: The Japan Voluntary Control Council for Interference (VCCI) drafts, publishes, and approves Japanese technical EMC standards based on CISPR recommendations that address the limits and methods of measurement of EMI caused by ITE. While this EMC conformance scheme for computer products is not a legal requirement, it is seen as a de-facto marketing requirement, especially for selling products to large corporations and government agencies.

Wireless and Telecom Compliance: The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) is the official government agency responsible with the Radio Act of Japan’s Radio Law. This sets the requirements for obtaining product registration from a MIC-authorized Registered Certification Body (RCB) that performs the compliance testing and certification according to the radio equipment classification to verify the conformance prescribed technical standards. Additionally, this scheme covers the Certification of Construction Type by the RCB who will certify the construction type for specified radio equipment, including quality control methodologies in manufacturing to verify conformance with the technical regulations. The second type of radio conformity certification system is named Self-Confirmation of Technical Regulation Conformity, and is legislated in Radio Law Article 38-33. This is done by the manufacturer or product importer conducting the required verification tests, and confirming compliance with the specified technical regulations. This is only allowed when the construction category of the special specified radio equipment conforms to the designated technical regulations.

Products that demonstrate conformity with the specified MIC criteria are issued a MIC certificate, and are required to have the MIC conformity mark and certification number printed on the product label. Products covered under the Radio Law show a certification number starting with “R” to the right of the MIC conformity mark, and products covered under Telecommunication Business Law have conformity numbers starting with “T” at the beginning

Japan’s MIC is very active in market surveillance activities for both radio and telecom devices.


Registration for Product Certification, Declaration of Conformity (DoC), Batch-by-Batch Inspection (BBI) are regulated by BSMI. Require authorization to real importer, Certificate validity for 3 years (PRC,BBI)  and Labelling is required

National Communication Commission (NCC) implement EMC, RF, telecom, Safety, RF Exposure for Telecom Equipment Certification and Low Power Radio Equipment Certification

South Korea

Korea Communications Commission (KCC), National Radio Research Agency (RRA) and Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) are the key bodies of Korea managing regulations. Products must be tested to the KN standard before being registered.

Testing must be carried out in a foreign lab where the country has an MRA or at a Korean accredited/Registered test lab. Type-Approval scheme and Labelling is required.

There are some deviations from international standards eg. EMC Radiated Emissions testing at 10m where 3m testing is not accepted. Power rating is 220V/60Hz, hence Voltage Dips and Interruptions criteria is different.

Mandatory testing for:

  1. Telecommunications terminal equipment testing
  2. Radio testing
  3. Electromagnetic compatibility testing
  4. Electric safety testing
  5. Specific absorption rate testing

C-PRAV has partnered with South Korean Labs and can assist you reliably for getting your product tested and certified

Australia & New Zealand

Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM) regulations are mandated by Australian and Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and NZ Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) in conjunction with the Electrical Safety regulators.

EMI, Safety, Radio, RF exposure, Energy Efficiency requirements are mandatory for ALL electrical and electronic products.  Testing can be performed at any accredited labs in or outside of Australia.

Manufacturers must declare their product’s compliance and maintain a compliance folder.  There are additional tests required for some Telecom and Radio products.  Like the CRS of BIS, there are prescribed products which need Australian Electrical Safety Certificate.

Some products must also comply with MEPS (Minimum Energy Performance Standards) Local Representative is mandatory for Australia and New Zealand


National regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS) regulate for Safety. NRCS issues a letter of Authority (LoA). There are a number of products listed in the Govt Gazette V0855 like,

  • Household and similar electric apparatus;
  • Audio/video, information and communication apparatus;
  • Electrical apparatus for test and measurement, control and laboratory;
  • Power transformer, power supplies, reactors and similar products;
  • Uninterruptable power systems (UPS);
  • Power converters for use in photovoltaic power systems.

For EMC, Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) is the regulator. Testing is required to the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) and must be tested at a Test Lab accredited by SABS, the scheme requires testing in a third-party accredited test lab and manufacturer registration with SABS through an online platform.



Under the INMETRO safety certification system of Brazil, a wide range of electric “appliances”, household goods, and other devices require certification before products can enter the market. Certification can be obtained through any of the national certification bodies, called an OCP. Tests may be performed through accredited labs in or outside of Brazil. A surveillance process is conducted in Brazil and units may also be checked in customs randomly, so it is highly recommended to obtain INMETRO approval before commercialization.

Telecommunication and Radio products must be certified by Agência Nacional De Telecomunicações (Anatel) as per the Resolution 715. ANATEL issues a Certificate of homologation. A Market Surveillance Process where samples will be collected locally and audited for compliance.

The above listing is only a glimpse of various Country Approvals C-PRAV can handle. Please send email or provide your details on contacts page and our experts will revert back to you at the earliest.